The Vaspian Call Recording solution (VCR) provides subscribers with an easy way to record, monitor and archive calls as a web based service.
This service is designed to be used to record all calls to specified extensions within your organization. It includes:
- Unlimited call recording
- Free Cloud based archival and storage for 1 year
- Predictive search, makes it easy to find any call. Search by Direction, Extension, Call group, Originating Number, Destination number, date & time, and more
- Extension based call recording allows you to pick and choose the extensions or departments you would like to set for recording. Omit extensions and that portion of the call will not be recorded.
In order to access Call recording services, an account is required for the My Vaspian portal
This service is a subscription based service. To sign up for the service please contact Vaspian Sales at (855) VASPIAN, Option 2 or by contacting email@example.com
Once logged into the My Vaspian Portal, there are 3 main options in the call recording portal:
Once logged into the My Vaspian Portal, 'Calls in Progress' allows you to monitor live calls.
- From the call recording module, select the 'Calls in Progress' feature.
- If there are active calls, they will stack in a table-like fashion.
- Calls will only show up for active call recording extensions.
- To set extensions to be recorded, see 'Manage Extensions' below.
Within the table, calls can be sorted by any of the following table headers:
- Direction: Indicates whether a call is inbound or outbound. Please note: Internal calls are not recorded.
- Current Extension: This is the extension that is currently active on the selected call.
- Call Origination: Refers to the Caller ID of the person that initiated the call. In an inbound call, the Caller ID of the caller is shown. On an outbound call, the Caller ID associated with the extension making the call will be displayed.
- Call Destination: Refers to the number that was dialed that initiated the call.
- Start Time: Time and date of the call. It is sometimes helpful to sort the table by this column, as it will give you calls in a chronological order based on start time.
- Call Action: Provides the availability to live monitor. Live call monitoring is available once the 'Call Actions' button is selected. When a call is selected and a particular monitor feature is invoked, the Vaspian call recording platform will send that call and audio to the Vaspian phone associated with the My Vaspian username that is logged in. Please note: A direct dial number is required for the My Vaspian user in order to use this feature. If one is not provided, nothing will happen when the monitoring action is selected.
- Monitor: Ability to silent monitor on the selected call.
- Whisper: Also known as 'Coach', provides the ability for the My Vaspian user to monitor and speak to the Vaspian user that is handling the call without the person on the other end being able to hear with the 'Coach' is saying. Hence, this feature can be a useful tool for training.
- Barge: Allows the My Vaspian user to insert themselves into the call and speak in both directions to all parties.
- Steal: Provides a mechanism for the My Vaspian user to take the party away from the Vaspian user that originated or answered the selected call.
Once logged into the My Vaspian Portal, 'Call Archive' allows you to access previously recorded calls.
- From the call recording menu, select the 'Call Archive' feature to access recordings and search calls for playback, download or deletion.
- The call archive will display all calls that are set to be recorded via the 'Manage Extensions' page. See "Manage Extensions' below.
- Calls can be predicatively searched and filtered by any of the following table headers:
- Direction: Drop down menu allowing you to filter calls by inbound or outbound. Please note: Internal calls are not recorded.
- Original Extension: The first entity to answer a call. This can be an auto attendant, call group or extension. Each extension displayed corresponds to the extension that is build on the phone system.
- Auto Attendants: In customers using 3 digit extensions, auto attendants will range from 700-899. Similarly, in 4 digit extensions, auto attendants will be shown from 7000-8999.
- Call Groups: Will range from 600-699 or 6000-6999.
- Extensions: Will range from 100-599 or 1000-5999.
- Call Origination: Refers to the Caller ID of the person that initiates the call. In an inbound call, the Caller ID of the caller is shown. On an outbound call, the Caller ID associated with the extension making the call will be displayed.
- Call Destination: Refers to the number that was dialed by the calling party that initiated the call.
- Start Time: Start time and date of the call. It is sometimes helpful to search for calls between a particular start time and end time. On an outbound call, the Caller ID associated with the extension making the call will be displayed.
- End Time: End time and date of the call. It is sometimes helpful to search for calls between a particular start time and end time. Use this filter to narrow your search to a particular date range.
- Transfer Extension: Allows you to filter calls by any extension that was involved. The system will list all extensions involved in a call in the order in which they were handled during the call.
- Groups: Allows you to filter calls by a particular call group that is involved within a call. For example, if you are looking to search for inbound calls that were recorded, where the 'Sales' call group was chosen by the caller, search for the corresponding extension that is affiliated with the 'Sales' call group.
Note: In addition to filtering calls, all column headers are sortable in descending or ascending order.
Selecting Calls for Download or Deletion
Calls can be selected individually in the far left hand column of the table. A 'Select All' checkbox is available at the top of that column. In addition, a user can select the number of entries shown on each page.
- Download: Once calls are selected, click the download button to download the selected calls. Calls are conveniently downloaded in a single zip file.
- Delete: This option allows you to delete selected calls. Deleting calls is permanent. Once deleted, they are gone forever and cannot be retrieved.
The 'Manage Extensions' page provides a list of all extensions available on the recorder. As this is a licensed feature, the top bar will indicate the number of licenses that are available in and use.
Please Note: It is the customer's sole responsibility to set extensions to be recorded and mange the addition of new users and recording capabilities. Vaspian has no insight on what is to be recorded or not recorded.
Simply select the users that are to be recorded by checking the boxes within the 'Call Recording' column. From that point forward, all calls to that extension will be recorded.
Any call that is not set to be recorded will not be recorded. In the event that there is a call that is transferred to an extension that is not set to be recorded, silence will be recorded in the actual recording during that portion of the call. If that call is then transferred to another extension that is set to be recorded, the recording of audio will resume after the silence.